We Are Here to Help Arizona Families
Genesis Housing Services is a non-profit 501(c)(3), HUD certified housing counseling agency. We partner with other agencies and companies to help Arizona families.
Our mission is to facilitate and provide Arizona families with a full range of education, training, resources, loss mitigation, debt management, financial fitness, and/or counseling as it pertains to housing related issues.
Many of our services are free to you- we simply act as your advocate. We can help with most any financial matter you may be facing or want to discuss. We want you to have a financial future in which you will not outlive your income.
With our candid and detailed approach, we will help you make wise, educated decisions about your money. You will find that we have several short videos you can watch on our website that will explain some of the different ways we can be of help. In addition, there are links to other websites, resources, questions and answers that you might find helpful. Please feel free to take time to look around our website as we hope we can make life easier for you.
Save Our Home AZ
We are excited to tell you about a program in Arizona that helps homeowners who have had a reduction or loss of income. That program is called “Save Our Home AZ”(SOHAZ). The State of Arizona has made up to $100,000 available for each homeowner who qualifies. This money is assistance for you and is offered in several different ways for eligible homeowners.
- Monthly loan payments. The SOHAZ Program will pay all or a portion of your monthly payment while you are unemployed or underemployed.
- Reinstatement of your loan- The SOHAZ Program will bring your loan current Second Mortgage Settlement; If you have a second mortgage, the SOHAZ Program will settle with your lender and that loan will be paid off.
- Short Sale – When you sell your home and have a balance owing to your lender, that is often called a “short sale”.
- The SOHAZ Program will give you $4,500 to help you move.
- HARP 2.0 Refinance / Principal Reduction - If you qualify for a HARP 2.0 refinance, the SOHAZ Program will pay down the balance of your loan during the refinance process; that is referred to as “principal reduction”.
Let us review your situation to determine which option is best and that which you may qualify. You may also visit the website at www.azhousing.gov to read further about the assistance.